Dating a man in the military is very different than dating a man of any other profession. In this article, we will talk about the pros and cons of dating a military man.
While men of other dangerous professions like policemen, firemen, etc don’t get deployed t war, military men have to sacrifice a lot to protect our freedom.
Women who are in a relationship with men in the military have to accept the fact that they have to stay away from their partners for a long time which can range from several months to even years. Since most of them get deployed to other countries, it is not even possible to come back for a quick weekend trip back home.
It is very important to know the lifestyle of a soldier if you are someone who is dating a military guy. While dating an army guy comes with a lot of benefits, it also comes with its own set of problems like stress, deployments, PTSD, etc. While it makes you very happy when he is back home, it can also put you through a lot of stress due to his long absence during deployments.
Benefits Of Dating A Military Man
We live in a volatile world and there is a need for the military to maintain peace. Due to this, military men and women are sent on deployments to various parts of the world.
Even though there is no war, there are military bases located throughout the world. These locations need not be war zones but the exceptions are the same. And once they are deployed they have to stay in the location for a long time and there is not much opportunity to return home for a vacation.
Dating a military man needs a lot of patience and sacrifice. While it can be rewarding to be with an army guy, it is not for everyone.
Below are some of the pros and cons of dating a military man.
Pros Of Dating A Military Man
– There is a sense of pride when you are dating someone who serves and defends his country. Sure, there are days like Memorial Day and Veteran’s day which are patriotic,
When you are dating a military man, you will have a sense of patriotism every day. You will also see the public in the public stop and thank your man for his service. This will make you very proud of him.
– Military people are dedicated to their careers. It’s not like other professions where you can leave any time you want. There are proud of what they do.
– There is a community for the people of military families who support each other during military deployments. The members of these communities help you whenever you are in need.
The support of such communities is very much required since deployments are not easy to deal with when your loved one is gone for a long time.
– Let’s talk about the obvious. Men in uniform are too hot to handle and you can check your man without stalking him or being a creep.
– They are passionate about what they do and they can understand your passion and give you their full support.
– Service in the military comes with many discounts. You also get a lot of freebies at hotels, clubs, stores, etc.
– Whenever you get to visit your military boyfriend during his deployment, it will be like a mini romantic vacation for you.
– The pay scale is good and the financial benefits when you are with him are many.
– Military men make for great boyfriends. They will care for you a lot and are very protective of you.
– They know the value of friendship and he will be the best friend to you. Many relationships fail because they aren’t good friends with each other with whom they can chill and hang out with.
– He will be the ultimate gentleman whenever he is with you. He will open the doors for you, push the chair, etc.
– No matter how independent you are, he will take care of you and do all the things that a man is supposed to do.
– Military guys are good at dealing with women, whether they are strong or soft, independent, or dependent.
– Military men are known to stand up for their people so you can be sure that he will always have you back in any situation and makes sure that no one messes with you.
– Men of the military are one of the strongest and fittest people so you won’t have any problems in doing things that require some heavy lifting.
– They are good with kids, too. There is something about them that makes them great dads.
– They will always have some great stories to tell you so you will never get bored.
– They travel all over the world during deployments. Since their families can also accompany them during deployments, it means that you also get the opportunity to travel with him everywhere.
Cons Of Dating A Military Man
– There will always come a time when you have to live without him for a long duration. These times can be difficult and stressful for you.
– Military service comes with both good and bad days. When he has a bad day you can’t advise him unless you have served in the military and there isn’t much that you can do about it.
– If you are the kind of person who needs contestant love and attention, you need to accept the fact that he can’t be there for you all the time.
– You need to make the difficult choice of choosing between your career and family since you have move frequently from one place to another during his deployments.
– You may not be able to celebrate important holidays and functions like birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
– If you are someone who can’t handle the stress it can take a toll on your health. Whenever you receive a call from him, all you can hear are guns and bombs and then you will not hear from him for days.
– Decisions like moving in or getting married have to be taken a lot sooner in military relationships than you would take in a normal relationship.
– You may not fit in everywhere. Talking in military abbreviations, terms, phrases, etc will be a daily routine for your boyfriend and he might even talk the same way when conversing with you. If you don’t learn them, you may feel left out.
– You may have to deal with online trolls who try to make fun of people who are in a relationship with military people.
– You may always find yourself compared to other military couples. There may be other military girlfriends who may try to compete with you just to show that they are better than you.
– There are a lot of military rules and regulations that may sometimes even interfere in your personal life.
– Military couples are more prone to cheating due to longer periods of deployment. And it doesn’t only happen to be the one who is deployed but can also happen by the one who is at home.
– People who serve in the military have to deal with PTSD when they are back home. This isn’t something that can be healed overnight and they need your constant love and support to overcome.
– Military deployments can have unexpected changes and he will have move out the moment he gets a call. And if he already deployed there can be times when his deployment gets extended and you can do nothing about it.
If you are dating a military guy or planning to date one, it is better to be prepared for everything. And these pros and cons of dating a military man will give you an idea about his profession and life.
Even though there are many challenges in dating a military guy, it can be very rewarding at the same time. You can make your relationship work through one deployment, you can make it work in the future too.
Just make sure to cherish all the moments you get to spend together and embrace the military community who will be there to support you all the time.
Know that you will need a lot of patience and understanding to be a good military girlfriend. Be his support whenever he needs and make sure to keep your relationship strong.
Don’t forget to pin on Pinterest